Refinishing the fans and shroud.
t_1701 (340K) t_1709 (366K)

t_sep161 (5K) The fans started to creep forward. One even started drilling a hole in the radiator. Safety wire does the trick. What a pain getting the radiator out by myself. Some LONG fine threaded bolts hold the darn thing in with no room to get a socket on them or turn it if I could. Must have spent an hour getting two bolts out.

Finally found I didn't have to remove the dash to get the temp gauge out. Very careful prying did the trick. Now to find a replacement or repair facility. Looks like this one smoked itself. After cleaning it up, I found that it did still work OK. The voltage stabilizer was bad. The fuel gauge was wired independently. (Both the fuel and temp gauges are wired to the stabilizer)
t_tmpgauge (4K) t_tmpgauge2 (4K) t_tmpgauge3 (5K)